Fundamental Beliefs Of REVIVAL FELLOWSHIP
WHAT WE BELIEVE
- We Believe in the infallibility of the BIBLE
- We believe Jesus Christ is the son of God.
- We believe the gospel of His death, resurrection, and directive to repent, be baptised and receive the Holy Spirit.
- We believe we are baptised into the Body of Christ (the Church) through the Holy Spirit, with the Bible evidence of speaking in tongues.
- We believe in the miraculous gifts of the Holy Spirit in the Church.
- We believe in prayer for the sick and healing by the power of God.
- We believe the Bible identifies modern nations and gives signs of the imminent return of Jesus Christ.
PAPUA NEW GUINEA PIDGIN VERSION
WONEM SAMTING MIPLA I BILIP
- MIPELA BILIP LONG toktok bilong Baibel.
- MIPELA BILIP Jisas Krais em i Pikinini Man bilong God.
- MIPELA BILIP long Jisas i dai, kirap gen,yumi mas sori long ol sin bilong yumi, baptais na kisim Holi Spirit.
- MIPELA BILIP mipela baptais na kisim Holi Spirit na em i mekim mipela kamap memba bilong bodi bilong Krais (Sios).
- MIPELA i toktok long narapela tokples.
- MIPELA BILIP long ol presen na mirakel bilong Holi Spirit i kamap insait long sios.
- MIPELA BILIP long prea long ol sikman na paua bilong God yet i rausim sik bilong ol.
- MIPELA BILIP Baibel i tok long ol kain kain mak i wok long kamap na bai i kamap long soim, kam-bek gen bilong Bikpela Jisas Krais liklik taim.
The infallibility of the Bible
In the Revival Fellowship, the Bible is the source of all our doctrine. We have total confidence that the Bible is the inspired Word of God.
There is abundant evidence to support the Bible’s claim of divine inspiration – “All scripture is given by inspiration of God …” (2 Timothy 3:16). For example, there is overwhelming data from archaeology confirming the historical accuracy of the Scriptures. Dr Nelson Gluek, an authority on Israeli archaeology, stated:
“No archaeological discovery has ever controverted a Biblical reference. Scores of archaeological findings have been made which confirm in clear outline or in exact detail historical statements in the Bible. And, by the same token, proper evaluation of Biblical descriptions has often led to amazing discoveries.”
Similarly, the numerous prophecies stated in the Bible of events from the distant past to the present have been fulfilled accurately and in amazing detail.
For example, in approximately 700BC, Isaiah prophesied the moving of the Egyptian idols and the construction of the Aswan High Dam (Isaiah: 19), both of which occurred in the second half of this century. The same prophet made statements about the miraculous way in which the Jews would again possess Jerusalem (Isaiah 31:5). These prophecies were fulfilled in 1917 AD.
More striking evidence of divine authorship came from the investigations of a Russian mathematician in the late nineteenth century. Ivan Panin, then an atheist, discovered that the Biblical text had intricate, unreproducible numerical patterns which clearly demonstrated that the Bible could only have been created by God.
Although the Bible is a collection of 66 books, written by more than 40 authors – kings, fishermen, physicians, military leaders, tax collectors, farmers and a host of others – over a period of approximately 2,000 years; the numerical seal alone confirms that it is clearly one Book, with perfect unity and consistency throughout.
Further, proof that the Bible is the Word of God is found in the fact that many of the principles of modern science were recorded in the Bible long before scientists discovered and verified them. Until Piccard’s Bathyscaph in this century,
none knew of the presence of fresh-water springs in the world’s ocean depths. Yet the author of Job spoke of them many hundreds of years before the birth of Christ.
However, the most exciting, satisfying and conclusive evidence that the Bible is true is that any person may enter into a promised personal relationship with the Lord God.
This experience starts with water baptism and receiving the Holy Spirit with the accompanying signs (Mark 16: 15-20). Multitudes of people have been wonderfully filled with the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues.
They have been healed, comforted, delivered, protected and provided for by God’s power.
The Word of God miraculously changes lives. We would all be wise to accept the Bible as the inspired Word of God and diligently follow its teachings.